Personal data controller
Information about personal data we collect
When you use our Services, among the personal data we may collect from you are: your email address, first and last name, height, weight, date of birth and gender. We may also, depending on your use of the Services, collect personal data about your diet routines, food preferences, blood values, heritage parameter, smoke habits, your body measurements and BMI.
Personal data is used to enable the users journals to be reached by the user and the company. The personal data is also used for payment, marketing and as a bas for statistic analysis and product development. The data can also form a base to adjust the content in adds and offers.
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
In an ongoing effort to improve our Services, additional personal data may be collected from you. In such case, we will notify you when the personal data collection takes place.
Our use of your personal data
We may use your personal data for the purposes of providing, improving and to further develop the Services, analysing usage of the Services, providing customer support, marketing by Eatit or our selected business partners that help us to provide these services. In case you do not want Eatit to use your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, you may at any time opt-out from receiving any further messages by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of such a message.
Eatit will not share your personal data with third parties without your permission, except in the limited circumstances provided below. Personal data collected from you may be shared with our affiliates, agents and business partners. We may disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, if we reasonably believe that this is required by law, regulation or other legislation, or in order to protect and defend Eatit, our business partners or users’ rights and interests.
At times, some of your personal data by may be transferred and processed in the United States or any other country (some of which will be outside the EEA), in which Eatit, its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities, but we will always apply safeguards to protect your personal data from unauthorized disclosure. By registering an account with us or using or Services you consent to any such transfer of personal data outside the EEA. We may also transfer your personal data in the event that our business (or part of it) is sold, for instance as part of a merger or acquisition.
The security and integrity of your personal data is important to us. Therefore, we use generally accepted industry standards, technologies and procedures, such as firewalls, security software etc., in order to protect the integrity of your personal data and to prevent any unauthorized access. However, no system can be 100% secure and despite our efforts, there is always a risk of unauthorized access to your personal data. By using our Services, you assume this risk.
Security of the personal data we process
You have the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you and to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you. Eatit is obliged to once per annum provide you with a notification, free of charge, of whether personal data concerning you is processed or not. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact details specified above. An application shall be made in writing and must be signed by you.
A cookie is a small text file which is created by the websites you visit and may contain information about you as a visitor. These text files are stored on your computer and, for instance, keep you from having to remember your password. Information from cookies may be used to improve the user experience and/or the Services and to target marketing campaigns and offers to our customers.
If you do not accept cookies, you can prevent cookies from being saved on your computer by changing the settings of your web browser. You can also delete cookies which have been previously stored. In such cases, please refer to the help section of your internet browser. If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still use our Services but their functionality may be somewhat limited.
We will communicate with you by email and notices posted in your mobile device. If you do not wish to receive notices in your mobile device, you can always turn off this service. Please be aware that if you unsubscribe from our mailing list you will still be receiving answers to your questions sent to our support but you will not be receiving promotional emails.
Eatit Terms and Conditions
Valid from 06/02/2018
Thank you for using our products and services (the “Service/s”). By becoming a member or using our Services you accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). Therefore, it is important that you carefully read through these Terms. If you do not consent to these Terms, you should not register with Eatit.
Eatit is a service developed and provided by Eatit AB. The service is available online at, among other places, eatit.io. The purpose of Eatit is to give our users suggest food recommendations based on their accessible health data.
To use our Services you must follow some simple rules. The Service is only available for your private use and is not intended for commercial use. Do not misuse the Services, so that either Eatit or anyone else is harmed in any way. You may only use the Services as permitted by law and these Terms. By using our Services, you agree that:
- All of the personal data provided by you is accurate and up to date.
- You are solely responsible for all activities on your account and all the content that is uploaded and/or created under your Eatit account (“User Material”).
- Eatit does not monitor the contents of the Service, but may at any time choose, at its sole discretion, to remove User Material from the Service and/or your user account and to terminate your account and membership.
- Your membership, including your email and password, with Eatit is personal and may not be transferred or used by someone else. You are responsible for storing your login details in a safe manner. Eatit is not in any way responsible for any loss or damage caused by unauthorized access to your account or use of your login details. If you learn of or suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately inform Eatit’s Customer Service. Contact details are available at the bottom of this document.
- Eatit is not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. To use Eatit, you must be at least 13 years old.
- Violation of any of these Terms will lead to a direct termination of your user account and subscription. If you violate these terms, you will not get a refund.
- You may not engage in any commercial activities, advertise and/or provide hints (such as links) on where commercial activities are present through our Services.
- You may not contribute with any propaganda, religious and/or political views, or contribute with information which in any way contains or involves incitement to racial hatred, child pornography or pornography through the use of our Services. Further, you may not defame, harass or offend other people through the use of our Services.
- If you have any criticism or feedback regarding Eatit or our Services, to firstly contact Eatit to help us to improve our Services.
- You may not transmit, and/or distribute files that may damage Eatit or others’ computers or property (such as viruses and trojan horses).
- You may not share others’ personal information, without their approval.
- You must not misuse Our Service by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Service, the server on which Our Service is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our Service. You must not attack Our Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- Linking: We may enable you to share the Service and any services We make available (or any part of them) via social media feeds, or otherwise express a “like” in respect of any of them; accordingly this clause applies, subject to any such facilities;
- You may link to Our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to Our Service in any website that is not owned by you. Our Service must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of Our Service other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact hi (at) eatit.io.
Using our Services
You warrant and accept that when using the Service and any services We enable you will not:
1. use the Site and any services We enable in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Service or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Service (e.g. such as using spyware, spy bots, Trojan horses or other similar software on the Site);
2. use the Site or any services We enable in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
3. use the Site or any services We enable for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent. You may NOT make any commercial use of any services We enable, in whole or in part;
4. use the Site and any services We enable or any information available on or through the Site or any services We enable to copy, publish or send mass mailings or spam to any of the Site’s registered users or for any other commercial use which is not specifically endorsed or approved by Us;
5. use the Site or any services We enable to copy, publish or send material which is illegal or unlawful, or material which could give rise to legal action under any applicable law;
6. publish, upload or send on or via the Site or any services We enable any material or content which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, of a sexual nature, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory;
7. publish, upload or send on or via the Site or any services We enable any material or content which infringes any person’s intellectual property rights or rights of confidentiality, or which infringes upon any person’s privacy, or constitutes an incitement to commit a crime;
8. post or upload any material or content on the Site or any services We enable which is sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing or menacing towards other users of the Site;
9. remove or alter any and all trademarks, copyrights and other proprietary rights notices, legends, watermarks, and other markings contained or embedded in or otherwise accompanying the Site or any services We enable.